Department of Petrochemical Technology was established in the academic year 2014-15 by the EXCEL GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS with the objective to fulfilling the demand of well qualified petrochemical Technologists in the world. It offers a 4 year B.Tech. Degrees programme in Petrochemical Technology and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It has ample dedicated faculty members in petroleum Engineering, chemical engineering, Geologist with rich experience in academics, industry and research. The department has well equipped and state of the art laboratories with good acoustic conditions.
• To educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industries and society.
• To serve our students by teaching them problem solving, leadership and teamwork skills.
In the process of realizing the mission of Excel Institution, the department of Petroleum Engineering has always believed in the principle of Advancement and Innovation. It has provided a perfect platform not only to learn but also to be at the forefront of Technology.
The Petrochemical Technology Department’s educational objectives state the general goals of the program. Department’s graduates are expected to :
• Meet the world's ever-increasing demand for hydrocarbon fuel, thermal energy, and waste and pollution management.
• Be motivated to continuously develop their knowledge and skills.
• Contribute to society
On completion of this programme, the students will have the
• Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
• Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
• Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems related to petrochemical industry.
• Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
• Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
• Physical and Organic Chemistry Laboratory
• Fluid Flow and Mechanical Operations Laboratory
• Technical Analysis Laboratory
• Process Instrumentation Dynamics and Control Laboratory
• Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory
• Petroleum Product Testing Laboratory
• Chemical Reaction Engineering Laboratory
· Piping Design Courses
· Petroleum Industry software courses
·GATE qualified candidates may get jobs in government sector i.e., navaratna groups: GAIL, ONGC, IOCL, BPBL, HPCL, CPCL, Cochin refinery, Mangalore refinery, Gujarat petroleum sectors.
·Private sectors like reliance petroleum industries, cairn energy private limited, Essar oil,
·Design sectors like Saipem, CHEMSYS, and PETRONASH etc.
·Other chemical industries like, TNPL, SPIC, SAIL, NALCO, HINDALCO, BARC, IGCAR, DRDO, NAL, HAL, ISRO, NLC, NTPL, etc and also Private sectors like TATA STEELS, JINDAL STEELS, ORCHID PHARMA, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Biocon, Essar steel, Saint-Gobain glass, Asian paints, Ennore Foundry etc.
B.Tech. Petrochemical Technology(UG-4 Years)